|Volunteer with 2-1-1 Tompkins||Dial 2-1-1 to call us
- Help to staff 2-1-1 Community Services Helpline responding to phone inquiries, online chats, walk-ins, and emails. Provide assessment, problem-solving, and information and referral services. Conduct follow-up and advocacy services when appropriate and participate in quality assurance initiatives. Provide eligibility screening, appointment scheduling, and other services related to 2-1-1 special contracts.
- Become familiar with I&R database and other resource materials such as reference guides, internet, etc., used to assist service recipients.
- Learn and follow established 2-1-1/I&R policies, protocols, and procedures and stay current on service and procedure updates, etc.
- Depending on skills, assist with publications, data base management, web site maintenance, outreach/publicity projects, local and statewide networking initiatives, and other special projects as required.
- Participate in two initial 4 hour training sessions followed by one on one orientation sessions on database, community resources, practice calls with current volunteers/staff. Ongoing in-service training sessions required.
Reports to: Call Center Director
Qualifications: Excellent communications skills (written and verbal); familiarity with Microsoft Office applications helpful, however, comfort with learning computer systems is more important; desire to learn the human service network and help people solve problems. Familiarity with databases and web based systems a plus. Demonstrate a helpful, positive demeanor, respect, fairness, and nonjudgmental approach with each caller, walk-in, or online chat service recipient.
A minimum of one four hour shift per week Monday-Friday between 8:30 am-5 pm for a minimum of 6 months is required.
Individuals from all backgrounds welcome!